Friday, February 26, 2010

Our backyard

So about a month or longer we had our drain field for our septic replaced, which meant the back yard got to be a huge mess.  So after that was done, Mike decided that he would dig up the entire back yard and start fresh!  Well he didn't know how hard it was!  See we have devil weed (stinging neddle) in the backyard so really we couldn't enjoy it if we wanted to.  That's why Mike wanted to dig it all up.  Well after two weeks of piles in the back yard I convinced him that he shouldn't be doing this and where would we put all the dirt!  So I called my uncle, he's a landscaper with a tracker.  He came out and hauled all the dirt away and leveled it all out. 

After he leveled it all we laid rye seed down.  Well that took forever and Mike wanted sod, so we got sod!  Its brown sod, but the promise it will get green!  We also got some palms from a great friend so our back yard is starting to look better. 

Yeah this was a boring blog, but I had pictures so I thought I would share...




Once the sod gets finished being laid I will take more pics to share!

No comments: